In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

"And when I am ill, it is He Who cures me" Ash-Shu'araa 26:80

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Summer musings

I've been working as a domestic assistant (floor engineer) for already 7 weeks now. It should have been 10 weeks if not for my 3 weeks trip to the Middle East (Jordan, Syria & Lubnan). Luckily, the workload now is not as heavy as the ones in June, so I feel a bit relaxed at the moment.

Staying in the UK during the summer has few major drawbacks, and the most important of those is not attending some of my friends' weddings in Malaysia. I did receive few invitations though, involving at least 4 pairs of 'newly-weds' (at the moment of writing), but ,obviously, I couldn't make it. I knew all of them between the last 2 to 4 years. The 4 pairs are "Muhsin & Syikin" (both Dubliners), "Cumi & Muhammad" (both Mancunians), and the 2 pairs from Cork, "Feeza & Pawi" and "Hisham & DJ". May Allah protects their households forever, amiin.

Fortunately, some of the wedding photos are already on the Net, via some online albums. I personally like to recommend Budu's and Katun's fotopages.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home